Monday, March 19, 2012

Radio Drama Wants Audience


WNYC will be airing live radio dramas, and you can be in the audience, just like in the Golden Age.

I might be going to this one, Haunting Julia. Although it sound’s like WNYC couldn’t get it together for Halloween, no matter. I love good radio plays. It's not free, though.

Below is a pic of my 1938 Zenith console radio. Yes, it works. Yes, it's huge; you are not seeing all of it.

See the flash hotspot? That's a reflection off of the "tuning eye," a green glowing vacuum tube, which looks like a green alien eye, and gives an indication of signal strength for tuning. Great with the lights off.

Every Halloween, I transmit a recording of War of the Worlds via a small AM transmitter so I can receive it "live" on the old Zenith console. Fun stuff.

1 comment: